T.K.E. HOLISTIC HEALTH & SOLUTION’S
Today’s Knowledge and Education In Natural Health For Alternative and Preventative Medicine
WHEN TO TEST THE URINE
In general you can use the urine dipstick test by collecting a urine specimen at any time of the day.
For some of the dipstick tests (such as Specific Gravity ad pH) you’ll be looking for repeated patterns and so more frequent testing through out the day may be indicated.
You’ll find more information on the best time for testing Urine in the information given for each specific test further on in the chapter of this Info sheet(s).
GETTING READY FOR DIPSTICK TESTING
The Clean Catch Sample
For dipstick testing, a urine sample is obtained by means of a “clean catch”. A ‘clean catch’ urine sample is done so that you can to eliminate factors that might falsely influence the outcome of your urine dipstick test, such as bacteria on the exterior genitalia. Such bacteria might possibly contaminate your urine sample and produce result such as mistakenly indicating a bladder infection, for instance. So it’s important to clean the exterior area around the area where the urine passes out of the body.
Also, during menstruation, any blood on the outer genitalia could be picked up in a non-clean catch’ urine sample, and so your urine test would show blood in the urine, but this would not be an indication of a health problem.
A clean catch urine specimen also includes collection the midstream urine only, because this also helps to eliminate factors that may mistakenly affect the outcome of the urine test.
For women’s direction on how to do a clean catch’ see the following next page (p.2).
Clean catch’ direction for men on the following page (p.3).
TKE/p.2 Urine Dipstick Testing (Continued)
HOW TO DO A ‘CLEAN CATCH’ FOR WOMEN:
- Soak a clean wash cloth in warm, soapy water and wring out lightly.
- Spread the outer lips of the vaginal opening and wash from FRONT TO BACK with warm soapy water. DO NOT wash from back (anal area) to front, as this can spread contaminating bacteria from the colon to the vaginal area.
- Rinse the washcloth with hot water and wash the vaginal area again with clear warm water (from front to back). Pat dry with a piece of sterile cotton.
- To collect the urine, spread the outer vaginal lips, pass a small amount of urine into the toilet and begin collecting the midstream portion’ of the urine only. Pass the last small portion of the urine into the toilet.
- Those of you who have done ‘clean catches’ at the doctor’s or gynecologist’s office know that the nurse gives you a package with a sterile cup and antiseptic wipes for the clean catch, You can use antiseptic wipes that are sold at the drugstore if you want, but the warm, soapy water is just as effective and is more natural.
- Also, if you don’t have a sterile cup on hand, just make sure the one you use soapy water and has been well rinsed in clear , hot water so that it is really clean and free of soap or other residue.’
- A glass cup or container is preferable for urine testing so that you can also observe the appearance of the urine which can indicate many different health conditions.
* F.Y.I. / NEWS *For Your Information this info on these three pages can help with a proper and more correct urine pH balance test/testing that one may do on a daily basis for use with any forum of a dis-ease meant of a health condition that looks at a good pH balance or pH diet that all works together so that the Immune System can come into a balance which will allow and wake up cells within the human body. Where it can start to repair itself on its very own cellular level naturally, of any foreign matter that a person may have of any type where proper nutrition and trace minerals, all can come together and help balance one’s pH in the body to become viral and toxic free for better health and longevity of life, for the mind, body, spirit and soul.
TKE/p.3 Urine Dipstick Testing (Continued)
HOW TO DO A ‘CLEAN CATCH’ FOR MEN;
- Retract the foreskin of the penis, and then wash the tip of the penis with warm soapy water. Rinse and pat dry with a piece of sterile cotton.
- Discard the first small portion of urine, collect the midstream urine in a clean glass and discard the last small portion of the urine stream.
- Those of you who have done clean catches at the doctor’s office know that the nurse gives you a package with a sterile wipe and antiseptic wipes for having the clean catch.
- You can use antiseptic wipes that are sold at the drugstore if you want, but the warm, soapy water is just as effective and is more natural.
- Also, if you don’t have a sterile cup on hand, just make sure that the one you use has been washed in very hot, soapy water and has been well rinsed in clear, hot water so that it is really clean and free of soap or other residue.
- A glass cup or container is preferable for urine testing so that you can observe the appearance of the urine which can indicate many different health conditions.
Compliment’s of: F.Y.I. / NEWS (For Your Information)
Minister of Natural Health and Well-Being:Terry King-Bey DNM, CHC, *sPhD, CNHP, APP, *sND, CMH
Holistic Health Wellness Coach and Educator, Spiritual Consultant & Practitioner
T.K.E. HOLISTIC HEALTH & SOLUTIONS (TKE * Today’s Knowledge and Education)
*c/o P.O. Box 5512 Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A. Postal Zone 44101-5512 Web: www.tkehealth.com
*This information sheet is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. A reader should consult a licensed physician and The Great Physician (God) in all matters relating to medical problems, especially in matters of diagnosing, and treating other physical or mental conditions.
* a member of: Healthy Visions Ministry and Healing Art’s Group & Institute